Pages

Monday, January 9, 2017

A Champion Always


My Mom was a huge sports fan. That's where I get my love for sports. She had an affinity for basketball, though. She told me she was a PG when she played because she loved dribbling the ball and passing it. And, she loved watching other PGs like Magic Johnson, Pistol Pete Maravich, and Dawn Staley. This picture used to be in a glass case at Archer Comunity Elementary School. The school has evolved though and somehow the rich history has been lost. I have been told #8 is Mary Williams. That would actually be my Mom's Niece and my first cousin. I am posting this picture and BLOGGING about it because it was a sense of pride every time I passed it. 
Back in these times Ladies Basketball Programs only played half court and outside on asphalt. But, Archer Community still brought home State Champions back then too. 


No comments:

Post a Comment